RE: Dynastore/Quote.com

> Without going into the litany of issues right now, Quote.com is
> less than reliable for quotes and in particular in fast market
> conditions on the ES/SP/NQ/ND you can sometimes see quotes lag the
> market 5-12 seconds.

Hah.  I *wish*.

My BMI cable typically runs 30-40 seconds BEHIND QUOTE.COM.  (Behind
the freebie "livequote" app, that is, and if anything I'd bet paying
Quote.com customers get better response than the freebie because they
can switch to a faster server.)  And that's in normal market
conditions.  Whatever lag you're dealing with, I've got another 30-
40sec, and probably more.

"Real-time" data my eye.

(And we won't even mention the fact that BMI sends about half as many
ticks in things like the NDX as Quote.com does, during good periods,
and they drop NDX entirely for 5-10 MINUTES at a time sometimes.)

Gary