Re: The ugliest rally...

: My floor broker in the Nasdaq futures tells me that conditions are so poor
: today, he isn't even willing to trade for his own account. The off-floor
: traders that normally trade 20-30 lots at a time are either trading 5 lots
or
: smaller now or are off the entire week because their children are off from
: school until Monday. And the larger CTAs that normally are always in the
: markets have not been seen since last Thursday.
:
: It's very thin out there. Be careful if you choose to trade in these
: conditions.

Don't forget that some houses have raise the margin. CME's margin
requirement is $38K for initial for ND while Refco/LFG and EDF Mann requires
$60K per contract for initial, $48K for maintenance. And then forget the 10
point spread between the bid and ask, as well as it's only good for 10
contracts. I know that the ND's have always been thin but this is
ridiculous.