Re: Re:Stop paying taxes

Your response is ludicrous.  I would be among the first to challenge the IRS
if I had any valid moral, ethical or legal grounds on which to so.
What "deeply held principles", as you state, are being betrayed when one
acts with prudence and responsibility in accordance with the laws of the
land?
"Courage to stand up to the IRS" as you state, is a fools game that has been
substantiated by every legal case ever attempted by any US citizen.
"Your alleged concern for innocent others is a cover-up", as you so
eloquently state, is a moronic statement.  There are those of us who are
genuinely concerned about the welfare of our fellow man, you certainly do
not appear to be one of them.
Prudent people do not take a knife to a gun fight, think about it (emphasis
on THINK).
If you are going to respond to this conversation kindly stick to the issue
at hand and avoid attempts at mudslinging.
Most of us on this list belong to the investment community and have been
somewhat successful in managing those investments over a lengthy time span.
We would not have attained that success without consistently acting in a
prudent and responsible manner.

Back to the issue at hand - Are US citizens legally bound to pay income
taxes to federal and state government taxing authorities?  If you do your
research instead of making wild accusations irrelevant to this issue you
will realize that every court in the land has and will always respond to the
question with a resounding YES.
Our individual opinions on the matter of taxation have no bearing on the
issue as it will ultimately be decided by the courts.  The legal opinion
issued by those courts has and will continue to prevail as the only opinion
of merit whatsoever.
Until Lamont or anyone else is willing and able to cite legal precedence and
detailed irrefutable proof of their claims they should refrain from
demonstrating those claims on a public forum.

We are all held responsible and accountable for our actions in all aspects
of our lives.
My interest here is to warn others that failure to apply sound judgement,
common sense and well researched legal precedents in every thing we do will
result in negative and unacceptable social, legal and financial results.