Paying taxes

The subject "du jour" seems to be taxes.

I'm all for paying less taxes...0% would be great.

But remember three things:

1)  This is a very mercenary administration which wants to "...spread the
wealth around...",

2)   Their accountants / resources are the best money can buy; they are
MUCH, MUCH sharper than any professional you may be able to afford.

3)   If your "creative business / accounting methods" fail and the IRS
catches you, you may end up paying your tax-savings and then some to some
$500 / hour tax lawyer to bail you out!

If there is a proven and safe way around taxes, I'd love to hear about it!

Until then, my opinion is to avoid taxes by every legal means and err on the
side of caution