Re: Splitting the B/A...

Your experience is really unfortunate, but having said that there may be a
reason for your disappointing service.

Most options now trade on multiple exchanges with multiple dealers.   This is
true of INTC, ORCL and MSFT.  I'd check my confirms or with my broker and see if
my business is being done on the PHLX where orders are sent in exchange for
payment.  At this point the only option exchange to pay for flow.  The service
difference might be based your new broker selling your flow instead of shopping
it (as they might claim they do).  Make certain the route to what is called NBBO
... National best bid offer.  This might be a classic case of when lower fees
mean that the Broker has to gain favorable economics for themselves and this
MIGHT be why your service has suffered.

Do your confirms show where the trade was done?