Recalculation after Changes in Code

Maybe you have not observed this or it is not a real problem to you
but to me it is something that is VERY, VERY, VERY EXPENSIVE OF
TIME in my work.

The following was sent to Omega to explain the situation where if
I have a routine buried  3  levels deep in a system and recompile that
one routine then TS2000 recalculates ALL active symbols with a
system that involves that routine   THREE   times -- yes it recalculates
everything 3 times.

My work typically involves about 20 to 40 symbols with a single system
applied.  As noted, just one recalculation takes 3 to 5 minutes -- three
of them up to 15 minutes.

OMEGA says that is the way it is and did not indicate that it might be
any different.

What I have found:

Just do anything at all to the HIGHEST level (system normally) so that
it will eventually have to be recompiled.

Change and re-verify the lower level routine(s) and then re-verify the
highest
level routine -- DO THIS AND IT ONLY RECALCULATES ONCE.

Clyde