Re: DTN's new 8800 ethernet box

On Tue, 28 Mar 2000 09:39:23 -0700, Bill Wood wrote:

> But does the D8800 box have serial and ethernet outputs or
>will stock/indices and options go only thru the ethernet port and will you
>need a dual LNB dish to get stock and option quotes since they will be
>coming in from 2 separate sats.

Bill,

If you don't want options everything will be the same.  You don't do a
thing.  The new Sat is a higher bandwidth Sat and will carry both
stock and options.

You said you talked with a knowledgeable source at Omega a FEW MONTHS
ago.  DTN said they informed Omega of their plans about THREE months
ago, wishful thinking would have me believe that they wouldn't have
yet planned for it when your source spoke to you.  This should help
the utility of Optionstation so maybe they will see it as progressive.

Fred