RE: DTN's new 8800 ethernet box

Several months ago an Omega tech who actually knows his stuff told me there
were no plans to support the DTN ethernet box.  Hopefully Omega has changed
thier position since serial port bandwidth is far too limited even with the
high speed cards.  Fast ethernet will handle our data needs for the
forseeable future.

I have a concern about this due to Omegas plans for internet data delivery.
I am wondering whether they will stop upgrading Ts2k standalone products to
force clients onto thier internet product.  Omega may see it as contrary to
their interests to make existing products work properly with 3rd party data
vendors.

Do you know how the DTN changeover will work.  I do not want options quotes
so I assume I will stay on the D8000 box and continue to collect data thru
the serial port.  Stock/index quotes should be real time however since the
options data will be taken off the present sat and handled by the GE1 sat
and the new box.  But does the D8800 box have serial and ethernet outputs or
will stock/indices and options go only thru the ethernet port and will you
need a dual LNB dish to get stock and option quotes since they will be
coming in from 2 separate sats.

I just quit DTN due to the current problem with slow quotes and lack of
Adv/Dec market stats in separate symbols but hope to resume when options are
taken off the stock feed and the Adv/Dec stats are added.

Bill Wood