Security Block Missing---Any Ideas???

i'm getting the "security block missing" error message when i launch ts 4.27
both offline and online.

anyone have any suggestions?

so far, i have tried the following with no results:
(1)	taken off the printer serial cable,
(2)	detached and rescrewed on the security block,
(3)	tested the ACTIVATOR utility to get the optimal SSI settings
	{which yielded 2,2,12} which i inputed into system.ini,
(4)	set up a Reset Block shortcut to c:\omega\prog\drivers\nt	\resetlpt.com,
(5)	changed the SSI setting to 50,50,50
(6)	deleted the CRI files,
(7)	deleted and reinstalled the printing drivers from my win 98 cd for my
hp laserjet 4l,

also, i went to look for the SSI 386 line(s) in the system.ini, but for some
reason, i could not find this.
parenthetically, the win 98 system configuration utility that i was using
this morning saved the system.ini to another file, and placed a dummy copy
in system.ini

a strange event--the sbm error message-- since i re-installed ts 4.21 from
the cd, and then executed the 4.27 exe.

wonder if this is related to esafe.  esafe crashed my windows explorer
(among other basics, like control panel) with stack overflows.  i
uninstalled esafe with its uninstall utility and the other problems that i
had disappeared.

your help would be most appreciated.

gratefully yours,
brad yoneoka