Re: Installation of ASCII data to TradeStation 2000i

This works for me using Quotes Plus as a data source. Whatever data source
you use, make sure the ASCII format is correct and that you export to
individual files. I leave the file extension blank for a cleaner
presentation on the charts.

The correct ASCII format is:
"Date(CCYYMMDD),open,high,low,close,vol(100's)"

In TS2Ki create a new workspace and then create a new chart, check "3rd
party directory symbol list" then click on "new list." Type a name for the
new list and select "ASCII" then click "OK." Click "add location" if the
correct list directory is not shown. Highlight the data you want to chart
and scan. Once you click "ok" you will have to do this for each security in
the list, but you only do it once. Highlight "date-open-high-low-close" and
"year-month-day" then click "ok." That takes you to the "settings" screen,
if everything is correct click "ok." When you finish, click "plot."

Now you can page through your list of securities using the "load next
symbol" icon on the toolbar, and you can use "workspace assistant" to scan
the data list. Go "file, run workspace assistant now." Click on "3rd party
directory symbol lists." Add the workspaces you want to scan and click
"ok."