Re: Warning about accuracy of Array functions in TS2000i

M. Simms expounds:
> Bullshit.

Geez, what's your problem? You are usually a pretty reasonable guy. If
you don't need double precision, fine. But some people do. If you don't
have the mathematical expertise to understand why, that's your problem,
not theirs.

I ran into it today. I was trying to work with the log of price and
accumulate small differences over thousands of bars. The single
precision errors added up until they were pretty big by the end of the
chart (where you do your trading). I had to adopt a different approach
to work around it. Sure the error wasn't all THAT big in each log calc
but by the time you added/subtracted thousands of them it made the
difference between buy and sell.

--
  Dennis