Re: Divergence

In a message dated 3/12/00 12:30:46 PM Pacific Standard Time,
mats.bengtsson@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Any other research results on this stuff are welcome. >>

I have recently had some encouraging results identifying double top patterns
using a divergence between the prices and the ADX.

If the price is making new highs while the ADX is declining put a sell stop
under the recent lows of the last bar or two.  If it breaks from there it
usually produces a nice follow through to the downside.  This doesn't give
many signals and so far I have been using it only as an additional exit
strategy to get out of profitable long positions near the second top.

Chuck LeBeau