Re: Options Trading System

"Eric Cahoon" <ecahoon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Now that I understand a little more about using multiple data streams,
> I now have a question about testing options trading strategies in TradeStation.
>Let's say I am interested in developing a system that buys calls options
>on an index when bullish and buys put options on an index when bearish.
> Is  this done easily in TradeStation or does it require some programming
>(which is fine, I am just curious)?  Any experience with testing options
trading
>systems would be greatly appreciated!

Some would say that TS is better at buying puts when an index is bullish
and calls when the index is bearish, but be that as it may....  :-)

If you're heavily into options analysis, take a look at OptionStation (or,
 better yet, wait for OptionStation.Com.  Did I say that?).  In the 2000i
products you can use EasyLanguage with OptionStation.  If you don't really
need to analyze options (choose strikes, figure out theoretical prices,
choose months, etc.), you just want long/short signals, then TS will do.

You can use the canned systems or "roll your own"...

OM