Natural hour bars

>You get superior performance when the bars are phased out by 20 minutes
or so, that is, when the bars are 9:20, >10:20, etc.

> So, what would be the reason?   I like to think that if you based your
trades on the same signals as everyone else, then you have to share the
potential profits with a very large crowd.  Does that make sense?  Any
other viewpoints?

> - Mark Jurik

For this to be a valuable insight, it would be necessary to produce
similar results with more than one system.  It is possible that phasing
the time period for this particular unmentioned system tweaks the
systems performance in the same way that adjusting the input parameters
would.  In addition, the "20 min. out of phase phenomenon", if it
exists, is fully taken advantage off with a system based on an interval
of 20 or fewer minutes.

To assume anyone can make an appropriate trade decision based on the
expected response that "everyone else"  is going to have to their
trading signals, is introducing a huge degree of subjectivity to the
decision process.

Anyone who assumes to "Know" is someone soon to be humbled.

In my humble opinion.

Glenn Suprenard