Re: is this the beginning of .....

In a message dated 3/8/00 7:48:09 AM Pacific Standard Time, gm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
writes:

> "1)" I'll agree with.
>
>  To prevent "2)" and "3)" - VOTE "W"!

I am nonpolitical. I propose to you: so
are the markets. Look at long term charts
and show me where Democrats or Republicans
were in power. If you look at the big picture
you will see there have been three major
(US) market moving events in the last 200+ years.
1) American Revolution
2) US Civil War
3) Depression / W.W.II
Even W.W.I is barely a blip.

What flavor was the president? Non event.
They are along for the ride.
Market moves may influence who gets
elected -- just ask George, Sr. (remember
his 92% approval rating and "It's the economy,
stupid"?) -- but who gets elected has little
influence on the markets.

BTW, is anyone surprised that it's Bush
vs. Gore?  Does anyone propose that
this "surprised" the markets and caused