Re: Block Orders

 this was years ago when the sp traded 5 tick increments.

I  buy a 1000 sp's at a named price like 450 but i give them a 30 tick
range around that price to fill it.  So I'll take anything from 450 to
450.30

Next  thing  I  know I get exactly half the order done at my specified
prices - but not the whole order.

Next the market dips a couple of points lower "real fast" on the chart
its  the single ticks that look like a V  - what was that I thought to
myself.

Just  as soon as it dipped down it rebounded and the second half of my
order was filled.

>From there the market blasted off like a rocket.

So  what  was the V all about?  Well if you knew that a big commercial
buyer  was  going  to drive up prices.  Why not take a little time and
position  yourself so that you could buy lower and sell higher.  That
is  if  you knew for sure that there was a buyer at a higher price that
would  take  delivery  on  what  you were selling.

So  in  layman  terms  if  I knew there was going to be a hurricane in
homestead  Florida  and rip off all the roofs maybe i would be smart
enough  to  buy up all the shingles in the outlying areas not effected
before the thing hit.

Or  what  if  I  could tell the hurricane to stop in the middle of its
destruction  and  wait  for  me  while Ii buy up all he shingles. Then
after I get them all bought up - I tell it - it can continue.

Hurricane Brown