SURVEY RESULT

thanks to all those who replied to my little survey on this list.
some replies I received did not answer all questions, so some
questions count do not add up to the total. For questions
that can have multiple answers, the sum can be added up larger
than the total.

I simply use Excel to sum up the answers ... then verified the
answer one by one.

for those who asked me questions privately,
I will answer them - just that ... it is in backlog :)

-Lawrence Chan

--- RESULT FOLLOWS ---

TOTAL 72

A. Type
1 - 41
2 - 8
3 - 21
4 - 2

B. Time horizon
1 - 24
2 - 36
3 - 11
4 - 1

C. Method
1 - 14
2 - 37
3 - 21
4 - 0

D. Source of Income
1 - 48
2 - 1
3 - 1
4 - 22

E. Tool
1 - 36
2 - 30
3 - 5 (Excel, NeuroShell Trader, OminiTrader, UMDS, TW, TC2000, etc.)

ORIGINAL QUESTIONS

A. Type

1. index/index future/currency/bond
2. commodities
3. stock
4. learner/system reseller only

B. Time horizon

1. intraday-only (day trader)
2. intraday to swing of a few days
3. a week or more
4. a month or more

C. Method

1. pure mechanical (no human intervention)
2. mechanical filter + judgement call
3. chart formation / total discretion / guts only
4. fundamental

D. Source of Income

1. Trading
2. Trade consultant/advice