Re: Seeking advice on Purchasing Notebook

  • To: Omega-list <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Seeking advice on Purchasing Notebook
  • From: Ben Anderson <benand@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 12:57:30 -0800

> Ben,
>
> 2.   Curious how you plan to copy "entire Omega
> folder from Win95 Desktop to Notebook" without a Zip
> drive???

Ken, I have been using Zip 100 drive for this transfer for over a year,
with no problems. I don't use Zip 100 software, Windows Copy & Paste
works fine. Install Omega folder with the Omega CD-ROM, Delete the Omega
Folder, Copy from Zip 100 and Paste..

> I am also thinking of getting a notebook to be able to trade
> from remote locations, but I assumed I would have to install
> a Zip drive in the notebook to be able to easily copy very
> large data files (I don't network my PC's at home).

Can use external or internal Zip 100 Drive. I will probably go with
internal Zip on the notebook. Eliminates some plugging and unplugging.
The Dell Inspiron comes with two bays. Many devices can be put in these
bays, but I will set the combo bay up for CD-ROM or Floppy and the other
bay for the Zip 100 drive.

I don't use Zip 100 software, Windows Copy & Paste works fine. Install
Omega folder with the Omega CD-ROM, Delete the Omega Folder, Copy from
Zip and Paste.

Also, understand the SXGA screen on the Inspiron is one of the best.

Thanks for your help, Ben