Re: DBC Signal - Net Recipe

I hate to be a pain but could someone explain this to me? I
guess I really don't understand the cost structure.

DBC charges $2884/yr (prepaid) =plus= a one-time usage fee
of $295 for BMI real-time (cable or sat). They charge
$1800/yr (prepaid) for e-Signal.

So, subscribers pay over $1k/yr  more for cable/sat. Does it
really cost DBC more than $1k/yr =per subscriber= (than
internet delivery) to provide sat/cable??

Also, how is it possible that DTN can provide substantially
the same service (i.e. RT sat) for around $1k/yr =less= than
DBC? TIA