ELA for the Variable Index Dynamic Average

    The New Technical Trader by Tushar Chande and Stanley Kroll explains a
very intriguing moving average they call the VIDYA.
    VIDYA stands for Variable Index Dynamic Average.  VIDYA is indexed to
the standard deviation of closing prices as well as to a momentum oscillator
and to the coefficient of determination, or r2.
    A volatility index is used to tell us when the price action is heating
up or cooling down.  Volatility can be measured as the standard deviation in
the closing prices over the past x days.
    In order to form the index, we need a reference value of the standard
deviation over x days.  The reference value will tell us if the observed
standard deviation is too high or too low.  Then, we can define a volatility
index that refers current volatility to historical volatility as:
             k = sigma(x-days) / sigma(reference).
    Here sigma(x-days) is the standard deviation of closing prices over x
days. sigma(reference) is the historical value of the standard deviation
over x days.
(you could use a 20 period moving average of sigma as the reference value).
    Now, we use an exponential moving averaging with the index being
variable. Thus, the series of numbers will represent values of exponential
moving averages with variable length.
    We can now write an equation for VIDYA using the usual equation for
exponential moving average:
               VIDYA = alpha*k*Close(current period)  +  (1-alpha*k) *
Close(one period ago).
    With:  the Index, alpha, of the average is given in the following
equation:
                alpha = 2/(N+1))
                we can solve for N in terms of alpha: N = (2-alpha)/alpha.

My question is:  Is this enough information and can the VIDYA moving average
be transformed into Easy Language, and if so, what would the code be?

Thanks,
 John