RE: CL_Re: More EL Mystery...

thank you to all who responded.

"TradeStation 4.0 assumes an order of how prices move within a bar. If the
Open is closer to the Low than is the Close, it assumes that the order is
Open, Low, High, Close."

i was thinking it might have something to do with assumptions TS makes about
movement within a bar.  i looked at the chart closer it appears that on this
particular bar the order is open (above limit order) and close below open
which should make the assumed order open - hi made first - low made last -
close.  this should force TS to give me the specified limit price.  but i'm
still getting filled on the low.

for example (this is a different bar):

the system is placing an order at 93 21/32

the next bar is:

O = 93 11/16 (.6875)
H = 93 7/8 (.875)
L = 93 5/8 (.625)
C = 93 13/16 (.8125)

Fill = 94 3/4 (.750)

note that the open is 1/32 above the order.  the close is above the open
which means that TS will assume the low was made first and the hi last.
thus i would expect TS to give me the order at 21/32 but it fills me at
94.750.  where did it get that number??  IMO the only way it could have
gotten it is if it rounded the the nearest 1/8.  so i changed the min tick
size but that didn't seem to make difference (i didn't reboot TS but
shouldn't have to right?)

I tried TradeWynne's idea but my system must work differently than yours
cause TS was treating the price as you would expect (as 62.5 not 0.0625).
Again I think this has to do with the minimum tick settings but as typical
of (at least old) omega software, it doesn't work the way you'd expect it
to.

i'll let you know if and when i fix it and what i did.