Re: Learn to like your losses

In a message dated 2/21/00 11:30:32 AM Pacific Standard Time,
bheisler@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< I didn't write the following, but I couldn't agree more:

 LEARN to like your losses... >>

Good advice.  Losses should never be much of a problem.  They should take
care of themselves.  The stops are in place and we know our worst case
scenario and we have made a conscious decision to accept that risk.

Personally I tend to worry much more about the profitable trades.  Should I
protect my profits or let them run?  If I don't move my stops up will my
winning trade turn into a loser?  Should I take this big profit now or try to
squeeze more out of it?  Now that I am ahead on the trade should I add to it?
 Is this correction going to take away all my profit or will it turn around
and give me an even bigger winner?

Heck, handling the losses is a piece of cake.  If my stop is hit I'm gone.
Its the winners that stress me out.

Chuck