RE: Trend Up ?? down?? simple Question, but the vaguest answers I ever heard from Traders!

to put it simple -

use a 5day (or 10?) simple MA of closing prices

- if the END is HIGHER than the START its UPTREND
- vice versa

(maybe use a minimum % to be different end else its NEUTRAL)

WHY NOT ?

rgds hans