Successful Install of TS4.0 into Windows 2000, finally

Maybe you are having problems like I did in installing TS 4.0 into Windows
2000.  If so, here's the steps that finally worked for me:

1)  First of all, I installed Windows 2000 in a separate partition from
Windows 98.  This appears to be a must to get a clean install.  From
everything I have read, do not do an upgrade.
2)  I backed up the Omega Directory in my Windows 98 install.
3)  Run the windows update in Windows 2000.  There are already three
updates, one critical.
4)  Install TS4.0 as is, a brand new install.  Do not install on top of
anything.
5)  Do your upgrades.  I installed build 23 from CD, then upgraded to build
27.
6)  Start-up the off-line server.  If you get a message that TS can't find
your Security Block,
7)  Follow the directions in document 608 or 609 from the Omega Knowledge
Base.
8)  Start-up the off line server to see if everything comes up ok.
9)  Copy your Omega Directory from your previous install to your Window 2000
install
10)  Start-up your off-line server and it should be like it always was.

I'm sure there are other steps that will get you to the same results, these
just happened to work for me.
Good luck,

jim hill