Re: Problem w/Global Server

When ts2k was around sp1 or 2 level, I was having GS crashes every day or two
resulting in GS not coming back up on its own. This was using DTN and has not
occurred at all since sp4c (I'm impressed at omega's successful efforts...).
Anyway, omega recommended deleting these 5 files which worked. These get rebuilt
when GS starts up if they are not present. Your problem is probably that one of
these is corrupted which hangs GS on startup:

/omega/server/GSQF.dat
/omega/server/GSQF.mst
/omega/server/perfmon.dat
/omega/server/symswap.dat
/omega/server/sysevent.dat

This also causes a reindexing of the data files located in "/omega/server/pds"
which can take awhile if you've accumulated alot of real time data.