Re[2]: Which holds best promise?

Hello  Gary,

GF> Nobody  knows  what you're doing, so they can't program it. That's
GF> why  very  few  systems work the way discretionary traders do. The
GF> system  designers  use  a totally different approach that they CAN
GF> program.

GF> Gary

After  working  for  several discretionary traders I can tell you that
they  themselves "DO NOT" know what their doing either! And when faced
with  the  possibility  of  having the reality of a computer show them
what they think they are doing it scares the hell outta them.

Most  discretionary  traders want to remain that way because they will
not  face  reality  that  they in fact have no rules to trade by. They
want  to change the rules every day on a whim. This is called learning
to  trade,  in  case they didn't know. I just saying that the learning
process  can  be  accelerated  by using a computer. I went through all
this  myself! I know from experience that it is hard to face the facts
when  a  computer presents you print out that shows your discretionary
method  worked  for a short period of time but blows out over the long
run. I will try and not be a bigot and state that there are apparently
exceptions to every rule and some are on this list.

I  do  not want to steal their glory but I will tell you that they are
system  traders  if compared to yesterdays true tape readers. I worked
for  a few of those too. A tape reader would shun a chart even calling
it too high tech and Voodo.

Big"not" Mark

--
Best regards,