Re[2]: Which holds best promise?

Hello  Bob,

BH> I understand what you are saying.  My point is that a computer can't
BH> recognize the conditions, only the human eye can.

Wrong  -  if  you  ever watch A&E Investigative reports you would know
that it has been proven time and again that what the human eye sees is
in fact a rough guess of what we expect to see! Then in a court of law
it  has  been  proven  time  and again that eyewitness accounts can be
wrong! So why would I belive that the human eye would be better than a
computer at picking trades?

H>  And IMHO you must be able to adjust your trading to fit the
BH> environment (I am referring to intraday trading of the SP/ND/DJ in
BH> particular)  We can have clean trends, ranges, slop and chop, etc.
BH> The  setups,  stops  and  objectives may be determined in the same
BH> manner,  but  how you handle the different conditions can mean the
BH> difference between losing and winning trades/days.

Anything  a  human  can  do as far as trading goes - a computer can do
better.  The  industry  standard for discretionary vs systematic money
managers proves that.

BH> I really believe the setups, stops, etc. are fairly simple to figure out if
BH> you can read price.  It's the trade management that makes the difference.

if  you  only  use price as you say and not indicators then the simple
price  over  time  calculation will run more efficiently in a computer
than  it  ever  will  in  your  brain.  And  just  think  of all those
psychological courses you save "not" wasting your money on.

BH> Bob

 Mark, the mechanical trader