From: Chris Cheatham [mailto:nchrisc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, February 12, 2000 3:04 PM
To: Omega List
Subject: No rush for Win 2000

For all those who can't wait to get win 2k, you should check out page 132 of
the current PC Mag...

"In desktop performance Win 2k was mostly unremarkable compared with NT4"

To summarize, their tests were Win 2k v. NT v. 98 SE.  NT was slightly
faster in most configs than Win 2k.  The exception was FAT w/256K (versus
lesser mem in the other tests) and in tests of web site creation apps.  98
lost.

However the win 2k server performance was much better than NT.

Also of note to NT users was that the FAT performance was consistently
better than NTFS with either OS.

CC