Re: price scale and minimum move

In a message dated 2/12/00 7:18:06 PM Pacific Standard Time, Jimmy56@xxxxxxx
writes:

> That should get you in on the next tick (depending on how your tick values
>  are set) > High[1].
>
>   Bill Wynne >>
>
>  Bill,
>  Thanks for your response.  Actually, how do I control how my tick values
are

>  set?  If I could do that, I think that should solve my problem.  Using
>  "points" to enter seems to have problems of its own.  Saying "High[1] + 1
>  point" gets me in by adding 1/16 over the high.  However, if I try
"High[1] +

>  2 points" it still gets me in at only 1/16th over.  I even tried "+ 10
>  points" and it still only got me in at 1/16th over yesterday's high.  Have
>  you ever seen this before?  Might this be a problem specific to stocks?

Jimmy:

As Howard correctly stated High[1] is the day before "High." I assumed you
knew this. On my TS4 stocks are plotted in .000's. Therefore, a 1/4 is 250
"points." To buy at a 1/4 above the previous High:

 IF buy criteria then buy High[1] + 250 point stop;

an 1/8

 IF buy criteria then buy High[1] + 125 point stop;

and so on.

Still have a ways to go on my first cup of coffee so take it with a grain of
salt.

Bill Wynne
SmartTrades.com