Re: Comstock and quote.com

JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE PARANOID, IT DOESN'T MEAN THEY'RE NOT OUT TO GET YOU!

Of course they could add bandwith:  but everything has a price.  Apparantly the
bottom line indicates that it would not be profitable.  Only if the competition
is eating up their customer base will they make the changes necessary to
compete.  Otherwise, it's business as usual, which is "do nothing".  There's no
conspiracy.  Just a business decision, however strange it seems to us.  The
rumor about real time for the price of delayed would be just cutting their
profits with no big benefit.  And the exchanges would laugh in their face to be
asked to waive the exchange fees.  The best idea that I can see is to go to
futures only, like TJ has said,  to improve their quality dramatically, which
would allow them to continue with high prices.  But you can't have both poor
quality and high prices or you die as a business.  ("Dah, it gives me a clean
close shave, coach").

Don