Re: price scale and minimum move

In a message dated 2/12/2000 5:56:41 PM Pacific Standard Time, TradeWynne
writes:

<< IF buy criteria then buy High[1] + 1 point stop;

 That should get you in on the next tick (depending on how your tick values
are set) > High[1].

 Bill Wynne >>

Bill,
Thanks for your response.  Actually, how do I control how my tick values are
set?  If I could do that, I think that should solve my problem.  Using
"points" to enter seems to have problems of its own.  Saying "High[1] + 1
point" gets me in by adding 1/16 over the high.  However, if I try "High[1] +
2 points" it still gets me in at only 1/16th over.  I even tried "+ 10
points" and it still only got me in at 1/16th over yesterday's high.  Have
you ever seen this before?  Might this be a problem specific to stocks?  How
can I reset my tick values and might this solve the problem?
Thanks again.
Jim