Re: Three misc. questions

I thought I heard that hand held devices were not allowed in the S&P
pits because they complained it gave people an unfair advantage?

-------------------------
         Re: Three misc questions
   Date:
         Wed, 9 Feb 2000 23:08:22 -0500
   From:
         "Eric Langley" <elangley@xxxxxxxxxxx>
     To:
         <teits@xxxxxxxxx>, "Omega-List (E-mail)"
<omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>

I use both LEO and BEST.
LEO fills will be faster for the big S&P and Bonds. This system uses the

handheld terminals that the brokers carry in the pits.
Best is signalling or running the orders in, so fills are much slower
coming
back. I have had to wait 20 or more minutes to get BEST fills and then
only
after badgering them.
For the e-mini they seem identical to me

As for the software and ease of use BEST is much easier to use
initially.
However, once you get used to parking orders in LEO it's okay.
In my mind LEO's big drawback is no position manager. This came back to
haunt me one day when I had traded many NQ contracts and thought I went
home
flat.
I wasn't and carried -3 on an overnight when the market went lock limit
up
on the overnight. Ouch.
So I think its worth keeping that in mind. BEST has a very good position

manager that now even calculates closed P/L right on the main screen.

If you trade the big S&P and Bonds I would use LEO for all electronic go

with BEST.

In my humble opinion.

Eric Langley
Deep South Omega Research User Group (Atlanta)