Re: NT 4.0 Com ports

SETTINGS BEFORE ADJUSTMENT

Boot.in

[boot loader]
timeout=12
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT="Windows NT Workstation Version
4.00"
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT="Windows NT Workstation Version
4.00 [VGA mode]" /basevideo /sos

Windows NT sometimes looses track of it's comports. To correct your
problem do the following:
1. Click on Start, then Settings, then Control Panel.
2. Double click on the Ports icon. Make sure to add com1, with it's
correct settings, if it's not there.
3. Click on Start, then Find, Files or Folders. Look for the following
file: Boot.ini
4. Under the Operating Systems section, you should have two lines, both
of which start with something like Multi (0) disk (0) rdisk (0)
partition,
etc. At the end of each line do the following
- Click on the spacebar to add a space and type the
following:/noserialmice+noserialmice
- Save the changes and restart the computer.

The boot.ini file should look as follows:
[boot loader]
timeout=3
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT40
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT40="Windows NT Workstation
Version
4.00" /noserialmice=noserialmice
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT40="Windows NT Workstation
Version
4.00 [VGA mode]" /basevideo /sos /noserialmice=noserialmice

fletch