RE: Re[5]: Rocket Science

The big assumption here is that the volatility of the underlying symbol
correlates positively (and closely) with the volatility of the equity curve
of said system that trades that symbol.
Has this been shown to be true ? Maybe for some systems.
They may be related trading entities, but they are not the same.
For instance, I could have an option straddle-selling system that does
wonderful (high equity slope)
when volatility is low, but vise-versa when the underlying is girating away
from my strikes and the premiums that I've sold are soaring against my short
positions.