Downloading

I recently purchased TS20001 and I am unable to download from HistoryBank.com.

TS techs claim I shouldn't be using AOL Vs5.0 because they are not compatible.
Another tech said that I have to contact AOL ref: accessing ftp sites using
Internet Explorer. AOL says there is no problem with their ftp server.

Am I being stroked ? Why can't I download data from HistoryBank.com with
AOL5.0?
Anyone else have this problem or have any ideas how I might download the
data? I don't have a clue what ftp files are.
Thank you in advance,
JAC