Re[2]: Rocket Science

Hello  Marlowe,

MC> Neural networks have been successfully used for speech recognition, cancer
MC> cell detection, and other pattern recognition applications.  Again there is
MC> a lot of literature out there on the topic.  Probably the "killer app" for
MC> NN is in intelligent robotics.

there  is  a  difference in using FL with a set of knowns and using FL
with  unknowns.  the  markets are full of unknowns. in futures trading
unlike stocks "even zero" is not the lowest a future can go. so i have
not  found  any  application  for a NN or FL and I have tried and will
most  likely  continue to try in the future. but fl and nn's remind me
of  the  state  fair  -  i never remember why i haven't been in so long
until i go then ui remember why i haven't been in such a long time.

MC> I suspect that in another generation, FL and NN will be routinely accepted
MC> by the general populace.

it  has  its  place  in a fixed world, but i'm skeptical of non absolute
applications.

--
Best regards,
  Mark Brown                        mailto:markbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx