DLLs (was Re: Charting Bid and Ask??)

Hashnums (http://www.ozemail.com.au/~qtrade )
Stuart Okorofsky’s GV DLL (krofs@xxxxxxx)
		(also sold by Bill Brower:  http://insideedge.net)
Doug Deming’s Pro GV (http://www.investLabs.com) (he also sells
Hashnums)

I use both Quality Tradings’ DLL called "Hashnum" and Stuart Okorofsky’s
GV DLL.  They generally give me the same results but their
characteristics are quite different.

The GV DLL is twice as fast as the Hashnum but the Hashnum is much more
flexible and extensive. With Hashnum, to write a new function one just
gives it a name, any name.

For the GV DLL, there are only 26 functions (numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6,
etc.) each with thousands of "slots" (elements in array jargon) which
can be used to work around the limited number of functions.  I.e., use
elements 0 to 2000 for one set of data and 2000 to 5000 for another.

Hashnums also allows for dealing with sting data whereas the GV DLL does
not (I do not work with strings).

I find it is useful to have both DLLs as a check on each other.

wayne