RE: Re[2]:BMI RealTime $59/mth vs TradeStation.com for $???

I can vouch for my problem being BMI specific since I swithced from BMI sat
to Comstock sat then DTN sat.  I was using TS4 with BMI and Comstock then
TS100 with DTN.  Comstock data was fine but it was triple the cost of DTN.
My problems went away when I got rid of BMI.  This is regarding stock data
and equity options data and indices.  I am not a futures trader.  I also
found BMI tech support and customer service to be arrogant, even rude and
totally unhelpful.

My tick count from DTN for QCOM for 1/31 is 95,762 incl dribble, 95,558 as
of 16:00:00.  HBank's lower numbers are very strange and I have confirmed
this in my own downloads too.  They use DTN sat to collect HBank data but I
have never gotten a straight answer as to why I get higher tick counts.
They may not have a high speed serial card or may not have the serial port
speed set at 460.8 which is essential to avoid buffer overruns at the DTN
box.  Anyway I refuse to use Hbank intraday data since it is grossly
inaccurate.

As to DTN cable, a tech person at DTN told me thier cable feed does not
work.  He suggested that they may drop it.  He flat out said dont use it.  I
cant use cable anyway, it is too unreliable.  Builders are always cutting
the cable around here and we loose service weekly.  DTN sat is totally
reliable, not one interruption since I signed up in 3/99.

Bill Wood