Re: BMI SP reality check

I received this question privately by a list member who
wishes to remain anonymous.  I'm copying the list with the
answer, in case there are others wondering this same question.

>How do you find out the number of ticks for a symbol.

The way I usually do it for the 24-hour SP is to make a 10000-tick-bar
chart, with one indicator, TickVolume, on it.  Then I open the "Data
Window" with that chart selected, and invoke the "Send to file" menu.
This makes an ascii file of the stuff in the data window. For this
thread, I edited most of the columns out of the ascii, to leave just
the tick volume and date.

This method also works for the day-only session, DSP, but here,
since the session times are well-defined, I could make a 405-minute
chart.

You can also add the Upticks and Downticks to get the total, but
I'm lazy so I let the indicator do it for me (glancing at the Up/Down
numbers as a sanity check; some of Omega's tick volume indicators
just show Up or Down tickvolume).

Maybe others would like to contribute their favorite method. :)

Jim