RE: System Development

First thought that comes to mind is using the LinRegSlope function along
with the r-squared to see:
1) the slope is upward at a moderate pace
2) the goodness-of-fit of the regression line is high....indicating low
volatility.

Big question: WHY would you want to filter-out such a "good" condition ?

filters are usually for removing trades for "bad" conditions....gaps,
successive new lows, etc.