Re: TurboExpress Card [Re: ...Connectors Vs Physical ports]

Bob wrote at Omega-list:

> I found the information at
>

> There appear to be two series of cards, the older 500 series cards mentioned above and a newer 600 series cards. The older series is ISA/EISA bus while the newer series has both ISA and PCI versions
>
> 600-Series Features
>   Four or eight buffered serial ports
>   Sustained data rates to 460.8K per port
>   Drivers for Windows 95/98/2000, Windows NT, Citrix, Novell,
>      SCO, Linux, and Multi-Tech RASExpress
>   PCI- and ISA-bus models available
>   256K RAM buffer
>
>    Model              Description
>    ISI4604-PCI        4-Port Serial Card (PCI)
>    ISI4608-PCI        8-Port Serial Card (PCI)
>    ISI4608            8-Port Serial Card (ISA)
>

> 500-Series Features
>    One or two COM ports
>    Sustained data rates to 115.2K per port
>    Operating-system independent for flexible compatibility
>    ISA-bus
>    32K Bytes RAM buffer per port
>
>    Model              Description
>    ISI552             Dual COM-Port Card (ISA)
>    ISI551             COM-Port Card (ISA)
>
> A 32K byte buffer would store about 8 seconds worth of BMI 38.4K baud data which should certainly be sufficient for most purposes.
>
> No prices and no on-line sales that I could see but they will refer you to dealers. Their phone number is 1-800-328-9717. The office is closed today.
>
> Bob Fulks

According to the specs files at
http://www.multitech.com/support/manuals/82097300.pdf and
http://www.multitech.com/products/DataSheets/139.pdf
the ISI4604-PCI or ISI4608-PCI cards provide a "fan-out cable" with
four/eight separated DB25M (RS-232C/D) connectors, not true physical
ports.

Does exist any possible problem using these external connectors or
DB25/DB9 adapters for interfacing ISDN modems or  RT datafeed receivers?

In the above 82097300.pdf  tech document there is  a cable pinout
/wiring diagram.

Thanks,

Albert