From: IMarshal <imarshal@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: Omega Research <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Saturday, January 22, 2000 9:20 PM
Subject: RE: New Matrox Dual/Qad cards

I could understand why someone might want 2 monitors connected to a computer
for monitoring the market.  But anymore than that I think would be
ridiculous.  Think about it, the processor has to spend it's time not only
receiving the data from the datafeed, storing it in memory and calling API
sets to store in a local database, send it to another part of the system for
calcuations of indicators and such, as well as updating the visual display
on BOTH systems... at a High Resolution?!  Damn, talk about bringing your
system to a crawl.

Now, if you were to use these displays just as snapshots and not real time
updates for short intervales (ie every tick) then maybe it won't be as
ridiculous.  Granted, I'm being extreme in my example but it's food for
thought never the less.  I figure you'd be better off buying a rack mounted
system if you will, and connect dual monitors to each system.

In addition, IF the program was written correctly the data stream can be
shared between each system without having to subscribe multiple times to the
same datafeed.

IMarshal