Re: PowerST & programmable position sizing

> >In fact, I believe that PowerST is the **ONLY** product on the market which
>  >has the ability to program money management rules.
>
>  Bob:
>
>  I have not actually used your product, so I can not deny that PowerST
>  may have greater capabilities than TradeStation in this area, but...
>
>  TradeStation / EasyLanguage can certainly be used to program
>  custom money management rules.  The user can access variables
>  such as current equity, gain/loss from the most recent trade,
>  open trade equity, ..., and then use these to come up with the
>  number of contracts/shares traded on the next signal.
>
>  Again, I am not saying that TradeStation is the be-all and end-all
>  in this functionl area - however, I would still challenge your statement
>  that PowerST is the first and only to offer this capability.

I have been doing a lot of typing the last couple days describing PowerST
features. The web site is correct, but in this statement quoted above I left
out the word "portfolio". The correct statement is, "I believe that PowerST
is the **ONLY** product on the market which has the ability to program
**portfolio** money management rules". I probably left out the word portfolio
in this particular quote because I was reacting to a statement comparing
PowerST to Rina. Rina also supports portfolio money management, but beyond
that is a substantially different product (as discussed in my previous post).
Sorry about the confusion this caused.

Portfolio level money management is a radically different subject than money
management applied to a single market. TradeStation works only on a single
market basis. You may be able to program single market money management rules
into TradeStation, but unless you trade only one market this is not as useful
as the potential for portfolio level money management. PowerST supports
portfolio level money management. The key word here is... **portfolio**.

Since it seems from the above and other recent postings that there is
confusion about this subject, I am writing a "white paper" on the topic of
"What is portfolio level money management?". I guess I assumed in the
original PowerST product announcement that there would be people who already
understood the concept , and that I could find sufficient controlled
introduction customers from those people without going into lots of detail at
this time explaining the concept. And that is indeed happening in private
emails I am receiving from interested individuals. However, the effect I
didn't think about is that I AM GETTING BLASTED IN THIS MAILING LIST by
people who are not familiar with what portfolio money management is all
about. So, I am writing a white paper discussing the topic. It is currently 6
1/2 pages, so it is taking me some time.

Stay tuned!

Bob Bolotin
President, RDB Computing, Inc.
Developer of "PowerST: The Power System Tester"
www.powertesting.com
info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
847-982-1910