Re: data providers

Jimmy56@xxxxxxx wrote:

> I'm looking to save a little money for my end of day stock and index data
> since Dail Data increased their prices by 30 percent or so.  I would like to
> use Prophet data because they are half the price, however they don't carry
> the symbol for the yield of the 30 year T-Bill.  Maybe I will have to find
> some web site that carries that quote and imput it every night?  But before I
> do that, I thought I'd ask if anyone could recommend another end of day data
> provider.
> thanks.
> Jim
------------------------
Here is my nomination for an EOD data supplier that provides:

Unlimited access to historical and end-of-day stock, commodity,
index, and mutual fund data (as well as commitment of traders data)
for a fixed price of $9.95 per month. (NOT for each type of data but
for ALL data!) There are no per quote or per file fees.

They offer a free no obligation two week trial period. (Without an
up front charge of any kind that I am aware of. )

Data connection by internet or dial up down load. (same price, just
in case you have an ISP problem)

No sign up fees, no software fees although they will provide data
dial-up and management software when you ask for the free trial.

Data is in ASCII format so it is compatible with most every charting
and spreadsheet software. (The management software even includes a
Metastock/Computrac converter. It now also lets you select a 6 or 8
digit date format.)
You can also try the Equis converter from
>>> http://www.equis.com/free/downloader-rtd/ <<<
to ensure error free conversions.

If you use the offer code "BAK5Y" when you sign up for the trial
period you will get a 7 month month subscription for $55.00 or 14
months for $100.00 if you decide to keep the service.

They have been providing data since 1992, and I found them when I
got fed up with the CSI UA program change bugs. I found this data
provider very responsive to customer inquiries. (they are not
without some occasional problems - but who isn't?)

For more information go to their web site >>>
http://www.msodata.com/ <<< or call them at 626-287-9215.

And for those of you that were wondering, YES I do get some personal
gain by providing you with this information. But I think for those
that can benefit form this post, it is in keeping with other things
that I have seen over the months that I have been watching.

Bert.