Re: Omega, TS2000i, Internet, etc.

Just for your information:

Omega will not drop  Prosuite2000i users because they know that all of their customers will not
switch to tradesatation.com, for various reasons, that belongs to the user choice  and not theirs.

Both versions  (2000 and dot com) will be maintained in the future.
This has been confimed by a private mail from Omega Research

The main of them being that an internet feed
is not so much reliable than a direct satellite dish connection ( personal advice).

I for one will continue to use a satellite feed rather than an internet datafeed.
We have had too much problems here with the various internet providers, fine enough
to check Emails and do some shopping on the internet, but frankly, I do not wantto have my systems
running for the moment with the actual  standard internet technology.

We use ComStock on the Net ( Xpress feed like) as a backup for bid asks realtime because the old Comstock 19.2 kb TS4 feed lags,
and no noticeable problems were reported when using this solution.
The only difference with my current provider is that the ComStock on the Net runs on a T1 line.
I would not accept an other  standard  internet solution here like aol or wanadoo that I use for trivial tasks,
and that lose connection or refuse to connect at the first trial several times a day.

 Sincerely,

-Pierre Orphelin
 web: http://www.sirtrade.com