Comm channel speed

Don't have all the information at hand, but I added a
fiber optic com channel to a computer a few years ago.
What this means is that it replaced a 115Kbaud serial
port with a 1 meg/sec port. (you must disconnect a com
port so there is no contention) About 10x speed. Now
this is 10x slower than an ethernet, but it seems to
be in the middle.
Would this work with dynastore?
What I read is that there is a limitation on serial
ports throughput, and if the speed is increased would
make a great improvement.
I think the company that made this was SBC.
I will try to get more information for the list.

=====
Ron