From: "John Berentson" <shavenheads@xxxxxxx>
To: <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2000 16:58
Subject: Dynastore/Quote.com Feed

I monitored MSFT at the open today to see how the Dynastore/Quote.com feed
handled a heavily traded stock (MSFT had over 47,000 ticks today). I used
Qcharts, which does not come through my com port (I use a cable modem) as a
monitor.

The most the Dynastore fell behind was 2 seconds. More troublesome, however,
was the tendency for Dynastore to deliver the ticks in bursts. This doesn't
have much, if any, impact on a one minute chart, but a one or two tick chart
will write in bursts.

I know this phenomenon has been discussed on the Qcharts list. Is Ron Dawes
is
monitoring, perhaps he can enlighten us on this.

jfb
shaven heads trading
new york city