Re: Omega Abandons TS2000i

On Mon, 17 Jan 2000 editorial@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> The 2000i product line is deader than a door nail.  Sorry, Charlie, but
> it is dead.

If true, we should all stop beta testing, no?

> Current 2000i customers will be offered attractive packages designed to
move them to the internet - to the browser-based versions of TS, RS, and
                                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Ahh - this was my second of the two possible approaches. Do we know for
sure that it is BB? Is it set up as an add-on to IE?

If true, then the privacy and other concerns I mentioned earlier would
apply. I can see why this is attractive to Omega - much easier to do than
a PC based TS100.

It might be useful to speculate a bit on the list about this approach, and
by doing so, give Omega some before-the-fact feedback on issues that are
likely to occur.  Or, we could wait until it comes out, and then bitch
endlessly about it as we do now because they didn't do it right :-).

If it really *is* browser-based, then the privacy issues would be of
great concern to me. My earlier comments on this were dismissed, so I
won't dwell on them unless it starts to dawn on others what might happen.

> See you on the 'net!

Yep!

Larry