Re: Omega Abandons TS2000i

  • To: Patrick <vibri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Omega Abandons TS2000i
  • From: Larry Wright <lwright@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 08:46:29 -0800

On Mon, 17 Jan 2000, Patrick wrote:

> Their only hope is to abandon the standard
> run-on-the-customers-PC-software and go with Internet software.

An interesting idea, and it 'sounds right'. However, there are at least
two basic approaches:

(1) They are basically a data feed, and almost all the processing is on
the local PC. In this case, the program is essentially the same as TS,
and is likely to have similar problems. (And the data feed is HB? :-)

(2) They choose to do a lot on their server, and the PC end is a 'smart
terminal', or, even easier for them, a browser with add-ins. This approach
raises significant privacy issues of several kinds.

Either way, the users would seem to have a problem.

> TradeStation2000i is starting to make me feel screwed

Welcome to the TS Users club :-)...

> My venting for the year

Hmmm... an optimist...  :-).

Larry