RE: off topic : PC setup

That's a lot of nice "bells and whistles" but all you really need is a basic
Pentium system with a lot of RAM (256MB+) and SCSI disk I/O. You're better
off spending your money in these areas if you want performance. I really
doubt that dual processors will make any noticeable improvements.

For example, I'm using ts2k with DTN satellite data feed on Pentium I 233
mmx, 384MB RAM and 16GB wide SCSI and NT 4.0. I've been lucky enough not to
have experienced any of the performance problems that get reported on this
list (i.e. slow charting updates, slow email alerts, dropped ticks, blue
screens, etc.).

IMO, mega doses of RAM and SCSI are the only way to go when you have real
time database applications that are disk and CPU/FPU intensive.